Sunday 20 March 2016

Proposal

My intentions for my practical work are to try create pieces of work that help represent women who are not represented in traditional advertising. I am investigating how women are perceived, where it be extremely beautiful and there isn't a lot of room for non-conventional looking women. Most  advertisements only include incredibly conventionally beautiful women, who are cis, usually white and heterosexual - I want to try and show there is women beyond that. I am going to look closely at advertisements of cosmetic products because that's where I feel women are mis-represented the most. I want to explore the feelings of women when they don't see themselves in the advertisements.My possible outcomes include creating the work of a fake advertising agency that create their adverts including everyone or a campaign to encourage people to boycott companies if they feel they are not represented within the advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment